Who we are
We are your child’s community and home away from home. We have character, connection and know our families and children very well. As a locally owned and operated business, we have enhanced relationships to our neighbourhood, community and city.
Located in Thorncliffe, NW and serving the communities North Haven, Beddington Heights, Huntington Hills and Highland Park in Calgary. Easily accessible from Deerfoot and 64th Ave in the North. We have been providing children with quality care for almost 40 years.
It is our mission to provide a community based, home like environment in which children of early childhood age can extend their learning, develop a sense of autonomy, interact socially, physically, emotionally, intellectually and creatively through positive child guidance and individual attention.
We are an education based child care service that has been helping parents to stimulate the development of their children from an early age and associate learning with fun.
We provide a nurturing environment that fosters a child’s emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development. We allow children to explore and learn through guidance and individual attention in a clean, healthy, and creative environment designed especially for children.
Activities for the children are based on the Alberta Early Learning and Childcare Curriculum Framework and a learning through play philosophy.
We recognize that each child develops in their own unique way and provide materials to enhance their interests, while supporting their needs and abilities. We believe that children learn through active participation involving a variety of activities and materials. The child is provided with choice as much as possible. These choices help develop the child’s self esteem and autonomy.
The centre is set up with a variety of interest centres that will attract the child and motivate the child’s imagination. Articles in the interest centres are rotated on an ongoing basis as needed based on staff observations, appropriateness, learning topics, and the child’s needs. The educators act as facilitators to support and motivate the children and pick up on “teachable moments” throughout the day.
Here are a few of our values:
- We encourage children to be the best that they can be
- We believe children develop self-worth as active learners at play
- We provide a fun environment to support self-esteem, values, culture, and all areas of development
- We believe children learn through positive interactions with peers and adults
- We believe “learning by doing” supports children’s developing skills
- We believe in a loving, warm and supportive home away from home for you and your child
- Our philosophy for guidance is pro-active, meaning busy, engaged children have less need for guidance